Sunday, August 8, 2010

Top Ten Obsessions

I tend to be kind of an extreme person and often finicky so I like to document my obsessions/guilty pleasures because often they change, along with me. :) I have been pretty passionate in what I am enjoying these days and decided to make a top ten list. :D Here they are.

1. Everything Vintage...especially second hand. Drop Your Drawers has been my one favorite shop and down Monroe in the Garland area where there are ton of antique shops and little hidden away spots full of second hand steals just waiting to be found. And my one true obsession along with this category: Audrey Hepburn in all of her elegance. Also, the black and white photos of my grandparents are part of this obsession. I copied thirty of their photos and put them all around my room. They are so classy and beautiful.
2. Cassette Tapes..I guess this could probably fall under the category of vintage..but I have been really into buying cassette tapes. This inspiration for tape purchasing is owed to my honda...it only has a cassette player. My first two cassette purchases(second hand of course): A cassette called "Green Peace Rainbow Warriors." It's a compilation of seventies artists and quite the eargasm. haha. The second, The best hits of Steve Miller Band. More to come. :D
3. Playing soccer. I have recently rediscovered my love for the game and am desperately trying to find a girls team to put together and play outside. Outdoor games are just so much more enjoyable than indoor..although that season starts up come September.
4. Pizza..undoubtedly my most eaten meal. It's horrible..working at an amazing pizza place has turned me into a pizza monster. My favorite as of now: Margherita with pepperoni...or if I'm feeling more like being a vegetarian that day: the artichoke.
5. THE SEVENTIES. This is a lifelong obsession. HIPPIES AS WELL.
6. Post Secrets...the website and writing my own..as of now I have almost seventy secrets I have saved in a special spot.
7. DANCING. This is also a lifelong obsession, but I have currently been loving interpretive dancing and have found that I absolutely love dancing by myself almost more than dancing with other people.
8. Laying in hammocks..especially when a nap is included and underneath green trees.
9. EUROPE. I recently made a new european friend this year. His name is Gareth and he is a soccer coach at the camp I worked at this summer and he is so hilarious and I absolutely love his accent. Learning about Europe has made me want to travel there even more.
10. The water...lakes, sea, oceans...etc. this is also a lifelong obsession.

Top Artist this month: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

1 comment: