Monday, June 14, 2010

Top Three Current Favorite Places...

Currently I have been in constant want of traveling..leaving..a vay-cay..getting away from it all and in three days I'm hopping on a plane and heading out to cali. In leu of this trip I decided to list the top three...of course I haven't done a ton of traveling but what I have done..I definetly have favorites. :)

1. Santa Cruz, California.
Not only are the people there friendly, tan, and relaxed with a hippie attitude and free spirited minds so are the trees. :) The trees are phenomenal here..the hugest redwood trees I have seen. The sun is almost ALWAYS shining and on top of having a glorious beach, forest, and downtown shopping it has a few choice friends that I absolutely adore from camp. Kara and Danny aka: Cupcake and Mowgli.


2. The Gorge in George
The open sky...sitting on the lush grass...listening to awesome music, and a hot temp with flowy skirts and a pbr in hand. (Although those pbrs are nine dollars!! Major downfall). It's hard to say my two favorite things in the world but music and the outdoors are really up there...so the combination of the Gorge and phenomenal live artist is a dream come true. Also the contact high(not much of a smoker) of good ol' mj adds a nice touch to a relaxed afternoon. ha.

3. Manito Park
This park is full of mystery and romantic lure. The greenhouse and japanese garden are my absolute favorite. Everything in this park is mesmerizing and hits all senses...even taste..if you stop by the scoop before hand and get yourself a cone to munch on around the park. I love being around the little kids at the park that are astounded by the turtles, catfish, and ducks in the pond. Simplicity is bliss here.One of my favorite places to run, bike, or even just stroll. :)

2 comments:

  1. hey! have you noticed that you were in our last blog post at Manito park?? Thanks for giving us the grand tour!

    ReplyDelete