Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Soccer Sweeties

So far coaching the little adorable kidlings has been amazing. I got the age group of 5-9 and they are total sweethearts. Of course there is the occasional child that wants to throw a stick or hack at your legs instead of kick a soccer ball around. Still I find every piece of them endearing :).

Working with children in the sunshine, you can't help but smile and the coaches seem to have an awesome attitude this year. I am glad that we got more coaches so that the work is a little bit more diluted.

I can't help but think about what I was like as a kid. Was I one of the "favorites" or was I one of the weird ones off playing in the dirt. All I can remember about being a child is being facinated by everything especially nature(big surprise) and I definetly remember only wanting to socialize. I am pretty sure I was one of those kids that the coaches were constantly telling to shutup. I do remember being really competitive at my soccer camp as a kid and hating when I wasn't the best at something. I kind of wish I got a chance to see my closest friends as children so that I could understand them even more..and see how they have grown into the beautiful people they are.

Children are incredible. The innocence of the world. I can't wait to have at least five of my own. :D hahah...a million babies and a million puppies..that's what I want.

An interesting aspect of this job is that I am done at noon everyday and some days don't even work at my second job. This means that I am working half the amount of time I was before, but getting paid more. Which is such a curious awareness. Now I have so much free time...right after some of my closest friends have moved far away. How depressing. Still I am enjoying the free time :D More running! and yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment