Wednesday, October 13, 2010

hmmm.

Ever since my first heartbreak in the sixth grade by Kevin Eggen the most popular boy in school and my first boyfriend I've had this theory about conflict and ended relationships. Actually I wouldn't really call it a theory I would call it more of a daydream. It's gone through my head probably a million times when I am upset about a situation or a torn/jaded relationship with someone. It all started when I watched the cheesy teeny bopper movie "Can't Hardly Wait." When the ridiculous boy gets stuck in the bathroom with his arch nemesis and the most irritating girl in the world to him. They are stuck in the bathroom with eachother with nothing but conversation or silence(their choice obviously) and an empty bathroom. Well they end up being stuck with eachother and end up finding out that they aren't in fact enemies, but rather mere confused teenagers misunderstood by eachother with more in common then they'd like to admit.

This idea or so-called "daydream" always starts the same. I am in a situation where I end up mistakenly getting locked in the same room with someone that I'm awkward with or someone that I obviously have unsteady feelings towards or conflict with. Now, I would like to believe that in general most people have awkward situations with alot of people where they would dodge behind a taco stand or book it for home as soon as they saw one of these people that fall under the categories of people that I will soon list, but in all reality I feel as though(hopefully not too narcisstic sounding) I have an overwhelming number out of the ordinary amount of people that would fall into said categories. Unfortunately I am notorious to running into the wrong people ALL THE TIME. Now I would like to clarify that my relentless ability to always run into the people I hate to run into at all the wrong times has gotten better since I have, gratefully so, gotten out of the small town of Cheney.

Here are said categories that the people that my idea stems from about fall under: "awkward conflict" or "used to be my best friend but now turned awkward realization that you've grown distant and sadly, nostalgically apart" or "oops drunken make out person that you would never proudly admit to making out with" or "you were sober for my drunken moment" which I would also like to refer to as "blackmail person" that you would never claim to know or the "Unsettled past" person and lastly, my personal favorite "angry broken-hearted hatred ex-boyfriend" category.

Now continueing with this idea of rendering peace and mending all horrible mistakes and situations that have happened in a person's life regaurding relationships. I would like to believe that if I were locked in a room with a person that has entered my life and fallen into one(or maybe even multiple) of categories listed above that somehow we would find peace and gain something that is such a blessing--closure. I would like to believe that if I were to be stuck with any one of these people in my life that I had a coflict with that in the end after being stuck in a locked room together that we would find peace and a relatable distinction that all humanity is connected, including-for whatever reason-those that are at conflict or at war with my present. I have even gone as far to daydream what we would talk about and all of the issues we would resolve when we mistakenly ended up in that locked room. I imagine myself either gaining a friend, resolving a conflict, or finally being able to act civilized in a "run-in." I know this idea seems far fetched but I hope that someday somehow this happens with at least one of the people from my past that has reaped havock on my conscious or on my regrets.

Here is a clip..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdAfJoj5uGE&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment