Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Procrastination

Okay...mabye my first small freak out

Lately I've been feeling a little overwhelmed with planning. I figure eh it's a year away can I just have a break? The biggest stressor right now is food. I have no idea how we are going to afford catering with 150 guests or at least not make the majority of our budget solely for catering. I don't know. My aunt is making the cake and cupcakes and my mom rented out the church kitchen already for that. I can't wait to see what my aunt makes..she is amazing. But since my mom already rented out the kitched she offered the idea of having friends/family help make the food in the kitchen the night before...like freeze some lasagnas and then noodles and pasta trays prepared in the morning. I don't know how that's going to work either. Melissa is borrowing warming trays from her work which would be great. Ahhhh there are so many details and honestly I would like to finally open up a credit card because the money that's associated with all this planning is so overwhelming.

Then there are the flowers. I found a really good florist that I like...thanks to Erin :D and I put together some ideas for the bouquets but then when all was said and done the bouquets looked to casual for the dresses I will probably pick for bridesmaids and for my dress. So now we are back to square one.

Centerpieces..I have racked my mind for ideas on centerpieces. I have thought of millions of things but none of them stand out to me. I want something creative and beautiful that I can piece together.

Pre-marital counseling would be so much simpler if we lived over on the west side because the person who is marrying us--Tom Helm...also the man that baptized me and one of my dad's closest friends...is over on the west side and he's the one with all the information for who could counsel us...etc. ahhhhh

Then there is our honeymoon..which we really need to sort out the details for but really need to start saving for. Alex and I really need to learn how to not go out so much...we are just both such social creatures but we really need to start budgeting ourselves..I'm just as bad if not worse than him.

The list. We started making our list and our first draft was over 200 people!!!! Now we need to cut back..how do you cut back??? all I know is I can't make any more friends at all from here until the wedding.

pretty much it all feels far too overwhelming and I would like to just not think about any of this for a long time...I just want to be able to fall asleep and not stress about how I am going to get this to all come together.

Here are some more ideas for my wedding...

I really like this bouquet :D


I loved this for our invite envelopes:


I was thinking about making these for all the sorority girls to wear either in their hair or as a pin :D



Centerpiece ideas:


For cards :D


Two favorite gowns I've seen on the web:

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=525

and

http://www.allurebridals.com/index.php?id=3&product_id=523


The one thing I am very excited about is moving in together. It's going to be so amazing living with Alex. I know we will have our ups and downs but I can't wait to be able to go to sleep with alex next to me every night and wake up to him everyday. I love him so much...and I guess in the end that's all that matters :D

1 comment:

  1. i think its totally natural to feel overwhelmed. you still have lots of time and you have already made some great head way! some radom ideas...have you thought about skype for counsoling? that way you could do it and not have to drive over here? my pastor did it for a couple in the military... budgets and honeymoon budgets suck! i have no advice there!!!! expect if you figure out how to grow a money tree please share!!! love those lace envolops..and bird cages can be found for deals on ebay! :)

    ReplyDelete