Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Artsy Fartsy

I am getting addicted to painting. It is starting to become my newfound passion and I have been a painting maniac. I went to Jo-Anne's yesterday and they were having a HUGE sale. I was in heaven. I bought three different canvases and some new paint and paintbrushes. I can't wait...CAN'T WAIT..to figure out what I shall paint..and how exactly I will be inspired.

I am painting Melissa a picture for her birthday..since I am a little new at this whole painting thing I'm using other art for inspiration and adding my own touch. I started painting last night and was up way too late unable to put my brush down. Now I understand Van Gogh forgotting to eat, painting for days. It's incredibly liberating...my brush stroking the canvas..mixing colors..creating ideas from shapes and lines...the world dissapears when I am with my art. I can't wait to give Melissa the piece that I am working on right now. It's kind of goofy though when I really get at it I start concentrating so much that I forget to breath...kind of a blonde comment but I literally hold my breath focusing so much..putting all of my energy into each brush stroke. When I was done last night I literally felt lightheaded and a little out of it. haha. I had to climb in bed..but was so excited from painting that it took me an hour to fall asleep. I am so easily amused by this world.

I am thinking after this piece I am going to work on something for my mom..it's gotta be good though...It will take me awhile to find some inspiration...but out of everyone I think my mom would appreciate my work :)

I would also like to try some mixed media ideas. Still thinking....

If only I was as good as Klimt..gosh he's amazing:



apparantly this original piece has real flecks of gold in it. SO BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment