Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Bar

The Baby Bar. Where do I begin? I am completely loyal and oh so prone to forcing all of my friends to accompany me down the street to the glorious baby bar. Many would much rather go to the Blue Spark where the "in" crowd may be..or hip hop/rap would be playing, but me...you'll find me at the baby bar.

I tend to gravitate towards people who are a little out of the ordinary(hence the reason I work at a homeless shelter..lol)..it's more entertaining that way and I find that people have more to say and less to prove or a standard to live up to when a little bit more on the rougher "scenester" side persay. I love all the punks and all of the indie artsy people that flood this place for PBR's and this amazing drink called the greyhound..freshly squeezed grapefruit juice with vodka. :D

Not only are the people spectacular and oh so interesting..but the music is phenomenal. They have a juke box that's fifty cents a song filled with the most incredible music anywhere from the Ramones to The Shins. The second I walk in I gravitate to the jukebox and make my carefully selected top picks.



Also the art! Amazing amazing art is constantly rotating on the walls of the Baby Bar. Although this bar is about the size of your bedroom..the art makes it feel cozy and very eclectic.

Every Wednesday I can't help but creep on down to the Baby bar...have myself a $1 PBR and if I'm hungry walk next door to Neato Burrito(all in one building) for a phenomenal burrito.

Although many would rather have a dance party with men that look like they should be on Jersey Shore to music that has lyrics like "Call me Mr. Flinstone I can make your bed rock" or go down to the Blue Spark to be squished by overly drunk girls that look like they forgot an extra two inches in their outfit....I would much rather be with all of the musically inclined and fashionably sensible, but too cool to care hipsters who smoke too many cigarrettes and bike through the city drinking PBR's or Sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment