Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm not your mom

Homeless women surround me asking favor after favor today. One woman asked me to take her back to the storage room to get some pots and pans for her new apartment, now that she is finally not homeless anymore. I take her back there and of course she talks me out of almost everything back there. So convincing. I need to learn how to say no!!!! :D

Also...I want so badly to retreat to my home, throw on my treads and head out the door on a long run...soaking in the sunshine...I would love to run and weave through the trees at Manito and run by people walking their dogs and throwing frisbe...instead I will trudge this day out til 5:15 and make my get-away to Zola's where a stellar happy hour awaits me, along with live music, and hippies with their hula hoops.

My job is amazing, and life is going wonderful...but how I long for the beach, freedom, and no longer witnessing every domestic violence situation and the jaded perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment